Tuesday 16 September 2008

Lydney Group LTD


I've essentially finished my work on Team Trimite and have now handed over the majority of the project to Phil for coding and functionality. Whilst he is doing that I've started work on our next project at Hexademic, Lydney Group LTD. Lydney group produce large containers and modular buildings for both government and private sector, Their old websites (www.lydneycontainers.co.uk and www.lydneymodular.co.uk) where not targeted effectively at their target consumer and the web designer working on the projects was difficult to make contact with. My goal in terms of presentation is to make the website as easy to use as possible as I found the existing websites very confusing. I've have been to the Lydney Group head office to talk with their managing director Andrew Burrows as well as their sales team where we discussed how maximize the websites effectiveness.

The key points we concluded were that the site shouldn't be entirely flash as you won't have an initial paragraph for search engines to pick up on, the website must be easier to use and be aimed at a set of key target consumers.

You can see my progress here.

No comments: