Monday 19 November 2007

The Captive final

After editing this film I found it was quite long and alot of the dialogue was not needed. This is why I have made two versions of the film, the first with dialogue cut out where the captive appears to pass in and out of conciousness only catching little bits of the kidnapper's conversation. I realise that some might not consider this a true one shot film which is why i decided to make a second version where i keep all the original material with no cuts.

Here is the first version...



And the second version...



Using one shot it does appear as if you are watching from the captive's eyes, as in real life we cannot cut to another scene, what we see is like a constant one shot film. I feel I have achieved what i set out to do with this film and more. I feel a sense of terror watching this film back, from the shadey lighting the chilling breathing sounds it is quite easy to feel like you are in the captive's shoes. I do how ever think the sound of the paper keyhole being pulled away does effect the overall quality and the punch at the end does not feel like it is making contact with the victim. Otherwise I am pleased with the end result.

No comments: