Tuesday 13 November 2007

One shot film idea

I hope to base my one shot film on a short story i wrote about a year ago inspired by film noir such as Brick and Sin City. Below is the script for the voice over that has been adapted for use in a one shot film.

She lay down upon the bed and gazed at me… sitting there, with my head in my hand and my hair fallen across my face. I tried to lighten the mood “I’m gonna get a bite to eat, that always makes me feel better” it was forced and she knew it, hell anyone could see that, she looked straight threw my words like a god damned pane of glass.
I looked into to her eyes and touched her lips with the end of my index finger, let her know I still cared and I did, I just couldn’t stand to be in the room anymore, she was always watching. Watching me when all I wanted was to be as invisible as that pane of glass.
I gently closed the door behind me and sighed, the landing was dark, the street lights outside were the only source of illumination, every single object was picked out with a faint orange glow. Thank god, I thought to myself, in that moment I felt like a 60-watt bulb could burn right threw me. I lumbered through the hallway into the kitchen like some kind of washed up drunk looking for his next drink. my bare foot twinged as it touched the cold cheap vinyl floor. There wasn’t a sound except the dull monotonous drone of the refrigerator, I pull it open and the light lit up my face, I stared into it blankly hoping that “bite to eat” would just fall into my lap… there was nothing, “shit” I mumbled to myself.
I turned and old pizza box caught my immediate attention… it would do. I grabbed the box and set it down on the table and looked at it with a glazed expression, there was a note, it read, “life’s tough… at least there’s pizza”, no shit. It was like the whole world was a joke and I was the god damned punch line.

No comments: