Monday 18 February 2008

Navigating Identity

The second part of the identity project is titled "navigating your identity". This project is inspired by the work of Joseph Cornell (1903-1972), an American artist who created or found boxes and placed objects of importance of symbolism inside of them, similar to the old cabinets of curiosity. The idea is to make a virtual box and attach interactive elements (as opposed to objects) to the box in order to navigate my identity.


In one of Roma's lectures we were shown a website about Joseph Cornell that works in this manner, a picture of a box divided into several sections, each box was a different link to information about Cornell's work. I could not find this site but i did find a similar one called the Joseph Cornell Box.

I have also now been asked to start thinking of original ideas for my own interactive site. This must include 5 sections, one must include my 3D avatar that I am currently working on and an element of AV. I have a few ideas, for an example a chess board where the squares fold open to reveal interactive elements.

No comments: