Monday 3 March 2008

My Own Avatar

I decided to stop pursuing the "perfect" Master Chief and start doing something a little more personal. I decided to keep a video game character, but one i made myself, a very long time ago. To the left you can see a little sprite drawn guy with a rifle, thats a 2D video game character I devised about 5 years ago, he doesn't have a name but was in a game I made called Amnesia that I have remade many times over (mainly because the files get corrupted or there are too many bugs to iron out etc.). So I decided to finally attempt to make the jump from 2D to 3D now that I have the skills to do it. I feel this character is appropriate because I made him and have developed him for a long time and also its something I enjoy (making and playing video games). So i started off with the head...

Amnesia Guy

So he has the spiky hair, head band and face/jaw guard thing but he doesn't have that cold calculating look I imagined him having. I decided to give him some goggles so you can't see his eyes making him appear distant, I also added some bump mapping and started the body...

Amnesia Guy part 2

Now he is starting to get there. As for making him significant to me I created him and developed him over a long time, I'll also animate him running through a level with objects, memories and thoughts relevant to me sneaked into the background.

No comments: