Sunday 20 January 2008

Identities 2008

Our new project for 2008 is called Identities, this project will be split into 2 tasks...

- The Avatar (a second self).

The idea is to explore a virtual avatar, through a application such as Second Life and then to create our own using 3D studio max.

- Navigating Identity

Looking at Joseph Cornell, we will create a box containing things we believe to show our identity. The difference is ours will be online using flash rather than a palpable object. Our box will also contain our avatar from the previous task.

In this project we will be exploring our own professional identity through independent multimedia practise. I will again be using flash so it is important I learn more advanced tools in action script. When using flash it will important to test usability and learn inter relationships in multimedia techniques.

I will be exploring the way we interpret others identities and how myself and other interpret my identity. I will also look at the way consumerism effects peoples identities and how people will associate action and engagement with a product, for example Edward Bernays'campaign to get women smoking.

No comments: