Saturday 19 January 2008

Review week

After the holidays the first thing i did back at university was have a review week with Deborah Tuck and Simon Perkins. The most obvious thing I realized from this review that I have already stated because of this, is that during the narratives project I was working in familiar areas so I wasn't challenged, but now I face new tasks that I have little or no experience in. This year will be a lot harder for me and as a result I will need to put in more effort to maintain my current standard of work.
I was also asked by Simon and Deborah to look into the following points...

-Look at direct cinema
This is because of the different levels of focus I used in my zooming one shot film.

-More about process on this blog
This is because most of my reflective writing is an analysis of my work rather than an account of how it was produced.

-Read the language of new media by Lev Manovich
This book will help me in general with my studies. I believe this was suggested to all students that haven't already read this book.

-Put labels on blog
This is purely to make things easier to find.

-Review others work
This point I found most interesting, to review essentially any piece of multimedia I see, for example any film with an interesting use of camera or light, any website I think works well, or even the opposite, things I hate I should mention on my blog.

No comments: